KS: Topeka (100 SE 9th Street)
We are currently seeking a dynamic Clinical Care Manager (CCM) to join our team supporting the office in Topeka, Kansas.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are currently seeking a dynamic Clinical Care Manager
(CCM) to join our team supporting the office in Topeka, Kansas. The CCM
provides referrals and triage for addiction disorders. Conducts telephone assessments, collecting sufficient data, to make appropriate referral and certification decisions for emergency/urgent referrals that require alternate levels of care. The CCM assists in managing treatment wait lists and an Intensive Case Management (ICM) caseload as assigned.
- Directs members to an appropriate therapist or provider and reviews care on a regular basis to determine whether treatment meets criteria for medical necessity.
- Coordinates with other Care Managers to assure that patient comprehensive treatment needs are met.
- Completes telephone assessments and referrals; gathers demographic and clinical information to connect patient with appropriate provider, including outpatient treatment as necessary; and for emergency, urgent, and routine referrals.
- Empowers providers to coordinate member care whenever possible, directly coordinates member care when necessary.
- Manages Intensive Case Management (ICM) case load as assigned.
- Ensures continuity of patient care through contact with providers.
- Assists in managing treatment waiting lists through member engagement and provider contact.
- Utilizes rounds and case consultations to Clinical Supervisor and Medical Director for cases outside criteria or not progressing.
- Negotiates with provider if treatment does not meet criteria and refers cases to an MD or Senior Clinical Consultant if unable to compromise with the provider.
- Reviews for medical appropriateness psychiatric/substance abuse cases utilizing professional knowledge to apply criteria and renders certification decisions.
- Refers cases that do not meet criteria and need non-decision to Medical Director.
- Monitors local service center compliance with HIPAA Privacy and Confidentiality Standards and recommends corrective action as needed to regional manager.
Education: Requires degree and licensure in a mental health related field. Master's degree preferred.
Licensure: Current licensure in a mental health related field (LCPC, LMFT, LCSW, LCAC, RN or LAC) is required.
Relevant Work Experience: Three to five years of direct practice experience in psychiatric or addictions treatment.
Click below on "Apply for this Position" to create a profile and apply for the position.
Beacon Health Options is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Work Environment. EOE/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disabled.
AAP Reporting Location:
KS - Topeka