Behavioral Health Services - Yakima
Behavioral Health Services
Working within a multi-disciplinary, medical clinic team, Chemical Dependency Professionals primarily assess and diagnose for substance use disorders and provide individualized treatment services. They also participate in outreach and prevention activities of the clinic.
Candidates who are bilingual in English and Spanish are encouraged to apply.
- Education: Associate of Arts Degree or completion of education requirements for a Chemical Dependency Professional as described in WAC 246-811-030.
- Experience: Two years of experience working as a Chemical Dependency Professional (CDP). Experience working with both youth and adults in a multi-disciplinary setting is preferred.
- Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Chemical Dependency Professional License; Current Washington State driver's license and proof of automobile liability insurance coverage. Bloodborne pathogens training within 30 days of hire and annually thereafter. HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis B training within 30 days of hire.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required: Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred. Knowledge of community resources. Demonstrated skills in engaging and motivating individuals to improve their health. Public speaking and teaching skills. Skilled in the use of electronic health records.
Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic serves more than 140,000 people across 19 medical clinics, 10 dental clinics, and 57 programs in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC's patient-centered model of care offers patients the full-spectrum of care. Recognizing social determinates of health, we also have community programs that offer assistance with employment and training, afterschool education, rental and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working at Farm Workers Clinic means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic:
- We will consistently TRUST one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster INTEGRITY by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate TRANSPARENCY by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create PARTNERSHIPS to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for JUST TREATMENT for all individuals.
- We will let JOY in.
- We have the COURAGE to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.
Preferred Years Of Experience:2 Year(s)
Education Required:2 Year Degree - AS
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :