Staff Psychiatrist (Fixed-Term Sept - June)
Santa Clara University
Santa Clara University
Santa Clara, California 95053
Staff Psychiatrist (Sept - June)
Department: Counseling Center
Part Year: Yes
Part Year Months: Sept. 16 - Jun. 15
FLSA Status: Exempt
Standard Hours (hours per week): 40
Position Summary Information
The Staff Psychiatrist is a member of the Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) team of psychologists, psychology trainees, and case manager in collaboration with Student Health Services. Together this team practices in the unique environment of college health and directly contributes to student success by delivering integrated mental healthcare to SCU students utilizing the services of the Cowell Center. The Staff Psychiatrist provides the highest quality of mental health services to students while supporting the vision of the University to make student learning a central goal by facilitating the psychiatric well-being of the student body.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Patient Care:
2. Consultation, Referral and Outreach Duties
3. Outreach Duties
4. Departmental Development
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
1. Provide advice, consultation, and support in the development, implementation and evaluation of department wide policy.
2. Maintain membership in Professional Organizations as deemed appropriate.
3. Remain knowledgeable of best practices in the field of psychiatry and university counseling centers while staying abreast of the latest trends in the field.
4. Perform other work-related assignments as assigned and/or required.
Management has the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
Provides Work Direction
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The items below are representative of the knowledge, skills, abilities, education, and experience required or preferred.
This position requires the ability to effectively establish and maintain cooperative working relationships within a diverse multicultural environment.
1. Commitment to understand and support Santa Clara University's distinctive Jesuit tradition and educational vision and willingness to model institutional values of service to others, community, and diversity.
2. Commitment to understand, support, and model the values of a Jesuit, Catholic university as they relate to Counseling and Psychological Services.
3. Santa Clara University is committed to Inclusive Excellence, therefore, it is vital all candidates seeking employment be committed to and demonstrate skills, knowledge and awareness to serve the unique needs of our diverse campus community.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended, the California Fair Employment & Housing Act, and all other applicable laws, SCU provides reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities. A qualified individual is a person who meets skill, experience, education, or other requirements of the position, and who can perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
1. Demonstrated ability to use technology in improving the delivery and evaluation of programs and services.
2. Demonstrated knowledge in the application of student development theories.
3. Demonstrated knowledge in addressing the needs of a diverse student population.
1. Demonstrated presentation skills and ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form with a variety of people including students, faculty, staff, alumni, and parents.
2. Demonstrated skills in the application of student development theories
1. Ability to establish professional relationships; interact effectively with diverse constituencies; and
maintain confidentiality when required.
1. Ability to work well both individually and as a part of a team in a collegial, respectful, and professional manner.
2. Ability to work independently with a wide variety of student psychological needs.
Education and/or Experience
1. Medical degree from an accredited medical school program.
2. Completion of an accredited psychiatric residency program.
3. Current California medical license.
4. Board eligibility or certification in psychiatry, preferred.
5. A minimum of three years of experience providing outpatient psychiatric care, preferred.
6. Experience providing outpatient psychiatric care in a college or university setting, preferred.
7. Prior experience addressing the needs of a diverse student population, preferred.
Salary Information Hiring range: $5422.71 - $6451.17 semi-monthly, commensurates with experience
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please note the position has an option for Part-Time status as well.
Santa Clara University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, committed to excellence through diversity and inclusion, and, in this spirit, particularly welcomes applications from women, persons of color, and members of historically underrepresented groups. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected category in accordance with applicable law. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability.
Santa Clara University annually collects information about campus crimes and other reportable incidents in accordance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. To view the Santa Clara University report, please go to the Campus Safety Services website. To request a paper copy please call Campus Safety at (408) 554-4441. The report includes the type of crime, venue, and number of occurrences.
About Santa Clara University
Santa Clara University is a comprehensive Jesuit, Catholic university located in California's Silicon Valley, offering its 8,800 students rigorous undergraduate curricula in arts and sciences, business, and engineering, plus master's, Ph.D., and law degrees.
Santa Clara University does not sponsor work visas for staff positions. If hired, individuals must independently provide proof of their eligibility to work in the United States.
To apply visit: https://jobs.scu.edu/postings/6324
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Date Posted : 04/08/2019
Share On :